Saturday, August 10, 2013

30 Interesting Facts About Me - DWC Day 5


I hope you find one or two of these interesting. I find everything outside of myself interesting, so this was a very, very difficult step in the Daily Writing Challenge. Just for fun, why don't you comment back something that we have in common or something interesting about yourself?


  1. My name, Letha, means forgetfulness which is from Greek mythology, the river Lethe that one crosses to enter Hades.
  2. I have been overweight since I was 9 years old.
  3. As a child I wanted to own a pet shop when I grew up.
  4. My favorite vegetable is the artichoke.
  5. My favorite fruit is the mango.
  6. I was born and raised in the United States on the border of Mexico and have always lived in Arizona except for the one year of college in New Mexico.
  7. I couldn't speak functional Spanish until college.
  8. I enjoy researching my family's genealogical origins.
  9. I have had many pets: 10 dogs, dozens of cats, 2 parakeets, 3 cockatiels, a few mice, 3 snakes, 1 Guinea pig, several dozen fish, and countless temporary pets of tadpoles, toads, horny toads, lizards, and tarantulas.
  10. The unknown terrifies me.
  11. I have had 14 broken bones. All at separate times.
  12. Once, in elementary school, I tried to impress people and make friends by eating a crayon and an egg shell.
  13. My favorite ways to exercise are ice skating and swimming.
  14. At one time I would keep my checkbook balanced to the penny. Now I don't keep a check register at all.
  15. I over-analyze/over-think everything and daydream/imagine constantly because I want to know all of the possible outcomes of what is happening in my life now.
  16. I have attended 6 colleges since I graduated from high school and I only have a Bachelor's degree.
  17. I have not had cable or satellite television in my home in almost 10 years.
  18. When I was young, I wanted a dozen or more children. I have one.
  19. I have read so many books that I sometimes get the stories scrambled in my head.
  20. I prefer to read self help books because eventually one will have an answer that I haven't heard.
  21. My favorite Disney character is Stitch because he reminds me of my boyfriend.
  22. I love the beach but am afraid of the ocean.
  23. My favorite movie is The Family Man because it shows that sometimes we need to look at what we're missing in our lives and find it.
  24. My favorite TV show is House, M.D. I own all 8 seasons and just keep playing them in order over and over and over.
  25. My favorite piece of furniture in my house is a rustic handmade bench/coffee table made from a thick slab of wood and tree trunk legs. I bought it for $150 when I was still in college.
  26. My father was a Baptist preacher and a high school counselor and my mother was an elementary school teacher.
  27. I still have my tonsils and my appendix. My only surgery has been a C-section.
  28. I play all sports lefty even though I'm right handed.
  29. I don't like to eat cereal because my high school Biology teacher told us that there are bug pieces, mouse poop, and hair processed with the cereal.
  30. I find driving to be the best stress relief for me. I haven't had a license or car in over year.


No comments:

Post a Comment